Microsoft Word is one of the best component I have ever used on Office 2013. Lots of features, great compatibility, and fabulous capability are some of the key advantages of Word 2013. But sometimes you may receive errors of non-working of this productivity suite. Surely, it is due to the corruption in program entries. Recently, I came around following error for Word 2013:
An average Office user may try to open Word 2013 in Safe Mode but that doesn’t resolves this issue. Add to these, re-installing Office 2013 may not be helpful almost. Since this error is related to corruption in registry entries so both of the ways don’t work. Then, how to fix this issue? Well, you can try the following fixes to sort out this:
FIX : Microsoft Word 2013 Has Stopped Working
FIX 1 : Using File Explorer
1. Press + R, type following in the Run dialog box and hit Enter:
Replace C: with you system root drive and <USER NAME> with your user account name.
2. In the Word folder, you’ll find following items, move them to Desktop.
3. After moving these items, try to open Word. In most of cases, Word should work fine by now but still if the issue persists try the FIX 2.
FIX 2 : Using Registry Editor
1. Press + R and put regedit in Run dialog box to open Registry Editor (if you’re not familiar with Registry Editor, then click here). Click OK.
2. Navigate here:
3. In the left pane of this location, export the Data and Options subkeys to registry files. And now delete these subkeys. After deleting the subkeys, close the Registry Editor and reboot to verify the results. Word should not encounter stopped working error now.
Hope this helps! Go here, if you’re getting Microsoft Excel has stopped working error.