This article will help you to fix annoying Windows needs your current credentials notification appearing each time, you logon. Recently, we came across this message on one of our Windows 10 Pro running system.
In this case, the computer in question has both password and PIN setup. Whenever we use password to login, the popup notification never appears. However each time we use PIN to logon and unlock the computer, the popup notification appears as shown in below image:
Windows needs your current credentials
Please lock this computer, then unlock it using your most recent password or smart card.
So in case if you’re also facing similar issue on your Windows 10, here are the suggestions you can try to fix it.
FIX: ‘Windows Needs Your Current Credentials’ In Windows 10
FIX 1 – For Standalone Machine
1. Open Start Menu and right click your user profile picture, select Change account settings.
2. Next, in the Your info section of Settings app, click on Verify link and follow the on-screen instructions and proceed accordingly.
Once you verified your info, reboot the machine and the issue should be resolved now.
If your system is a part of a domain, you need to apply FIX 2, additionally.
FIX 2 – For Domain Connected System (Using Group Policy)
1. Press + R and put gpedit.msc in Run dialog box to open Local Group Policy Editor. Click OK.
2. Next, in the GPO snap-in window, navigate here:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon
3. In the right pane of Logon, look for the Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon setting. If it is set to Enabled, double click on the policy and set the status to Disabled or better to Not Configured. Click Apply followed by OK.
4. Close the Group Policy Editor snap-in and restart the computer. After restarting your system, the issue should no longer persist.
Hope this helps!