Talking especially about the core users, Microsoft Management Console (MMC) adds a new effect to the discussion. Of course, we’re aware with the administrative tools under Start Screen of Windows 8. You can access them by pressing + I combination on Start Screen and then selecting Tiles -> Show administrative tools -> Slide to Yes.
Now the class of Metro haters will like to see the administrative tools in the classic desktop mode. If you belong to same class read on. Today in this article, I’ll tell you the way to add MMC programs under the hood of a Desktop context menu. Take a look:
Thus, lets get familiar with the programs, MMC snap-in will add to context:
- Authorization Manager
- Certificates Manager (Current User)
- Certificates Manager (Local Computer)
- Component Services
- Computer Management
- Device Manager
- Disk Management
- Event Viewer
- Local Group Policy Editor – Only available in Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise.
- Local Security Policy – Only available in Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise.
- Local Users and Groups – Only available in Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise.
- Microsoft Management Console
- NAP Client Configuration
- Performance Monitor
- Print Management – Only available in Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise.
- Resultant Set of Policy – Only available in Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise.
- Shared Folders
- Task Scheduler
- TPM Management
- Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- WMI Control
Now we are here with how to part. This requires you the basic knowledge of opening registry files with Registry Editor. So all you need is to download the registry file, and open it with Registry Editor following below screenshot.
How To : Add Microsoft Management Console Programs To Desktop Context Menu
Here is the link to download the registry file:
DOWNLOAD LINK [For Windows 8 Pro & Enterprise Users]
DOWNLOAD LINK[For Windows 8 & RT Users]
In case you want to remove the added options, simply open the following file with Registry Editor:
Hope you find the article useful!