Though you may be offered various updates on your Windows 10 but Cumulative Updates are those updates which fixes your system as they offer a group of hotfixes applied. Therefore it is necessary that you should have detailed information about these updates, before you deploy them. If you’ve customized your system settings, it will help you to judge whether you system should go for particular update. In this article, we’re providing you the necessary change-log for every new Cumulative Update pushed by Microsoft.
What’s New In KB4048955?
The latest Windows 10 Cumulative Update available right now is KB4048955 and it updates your system to build number 16299.64. The update applies to Windows 10 Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) and it released on November 14, 2017.
According to Microsoft, following are the highlights of this update:
- Addressed issue that causes the Mixed Reality Portal to stop responding on launch.
- Addressed issue that causes a black screen to appear when you switch between windowed and full-screen modes when playing some Microsoft DirectX games.
- Addressed a compatibility issue that occurs when you play back a Game DVR PC recording using Android or iOS devices.
- Addressed issue where the functional keys stop working on Microsoft Designer Keyboards.
- Addressed issue to ensure that certain USB devices and head-mounted displays (HMD) are enumerated properly after the system wakes up from Connected Standby.
- Addressed issue where the virtual smart card doesn’t assess the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) vulnerability correctly.
- Addressed issue where Get-StorageJob returns nothing when there are storage jobs running on the machine.
- Addressed issue where applications based on the Microsoft JET Database Engine (Microsoft Access 2007 and older or non-Microsoft applications) fail when creating or opening Microsoft Excel .xls files. The error message is: “Unexpected error from external database driver (1). (Microsoft JET Database Engine)”.
- Addressed issue where application tiles are missing from the Start menu. Read more about this in this article.
- Addressed issue where Microsoft Edge cannot create a WARP support process and appears to stop responding for up to 3 seconds during a wait timeout. During the timeout period, users cannot navigate or interact with the requested page.
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel, Internet Explorer, and Windows Media Player.
Windows 10 Update History
Here is the list of all Cumulative Updates released for Windows 10, till date. This list will help you to track which update was failed/not installed/not offered to your machine.
|Windows Update||Release Date||OS Version||OS Build|
|KB4043961||Oct 17, 2017||1709||16299.19|
|KB4041676||Oct 10, 2017||1703||15063.674|
|KB4040724||Sep 25, 2017||1703||15063.632|
|KB4038788||Sep 12, 2017||1703||15063.608|
|KB4034674||Aug 8, 2017||1703||15063.540|
|KB4032188||Jul 31, 2017||1703||15063.502|
|KB4025342||Jul 11, 2017||1703||15063.483|
|KB4022716||Jun 27, 2017||1703||15063.447|
|KB4022725||Jun 13, 2017||1703||15063.414|
|KB4020102||May 25, 2017||1703||15063.332|
|KB4016871||May 9, 2017||1703||15063.297|
|KB4016240||Apr 25, 2017||1703||15063.250|
|KB4014483||Apr 11, 2017||1703||15063.138|
|KB4016251||Apr 5, 2017||1703||15063.13|
|KB4016635||Mar 22, 2017||1607||14393.970|
|KB4015438||Mar 20, 2017||1607||14393.969|
|KB4013429||Mar 14, 2017||1607||14393.953|
|KB3216755||Jan 26, 2017||1607||14393.726|
|KB3213986||Jan 10, 2017||1607||14393.693|
|KB3206632||Dec 13, 2016||1607||14393.576|
|KB3201845||Dec 9, 2016||1607||14393.479|
|KB3200970||Nov 9, 2016||1607||14393.448|
|KB3197954||Oct 27, 2016||1607||14393.351|
|KB3194798||Oct 11, 2016||1607||14393.321|
|KB3194496||Sep 29, 2016||1607||14393.222|
|KB3193494||Sep 20, 2016||1607||14393.189|
|KB3189866||Sep 13, 2016||1607||14393.187|
|KB3176938||Aug 31, 2016||1607||14393.105|
|KB3176934||Aug 23, 2016||1607||14393.82|
|KB3176495||Aug 9, 2016||1607||14393.51|
|KB3176929||Aug 2, 2016||1607||14393.10|
|KB3192441||Oct 11, 2016||1511||10586.633|
|KB3185614||Sep 13, 2016||1511||10586.589|
|KB3176493||Aug 9, 2016||1511||10586.545|
|KB3172985||Jul 12, 2016||1511||10586.494|
|KB3163018||Jun 14, 2016||1511||10586.420|
|KB3156421||May 10, 2016||1511||10586.318|
|KB3147458||Apr 12, 2016||1511||10586.218|
|KB3140768||Mar 8, 2016||1511||10586.164|
|KB3140743||Mar 1, 2016||1511||10586.122|
|KB3135173||Feb 9, 2016||1511||10586.104|
|KB3192440||Oct 11, 2016||RTM||10240.17146|
|KB3193821||Sep 20, 2016||RTM||10240.17113|
|KB3185611||Sep 13, 2016||RTM||10240.17113|
|KB3176492||Aug 9, 2016||RTM||10240.17071|
|KB3163912||Jul 12, 2016||RTM||10240.17024|
|KB3163017||Jun 14, 2016||RTM||10240.16942|
|KB3156387||May 10, 2016||RTM||10240.16854|
|KB3147461||Apr 12, 2016||RTM||10240.16769|
|KB3140745||Mar 8, 2016||RTM||10240.16725|
|KB3135174||Feb 9, 2016||RTM||10240.16683|
You can read change-log of these updates in detail on this page. Please check back this post to have information about latest Windows Update available.