Microsoft has started rolling out Windows 10 Mobile for end users. But like Windows 10, they’re keeping Windows Insider program alive for Windows 10 Mobile as well. Hence, the company is expected to keep releasing new builds for Windows Insiders.
Now, the development team has now released Build 15014 for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview under Fast ring. Following models are expected to get this build:
Nokia Lumia models:
Lumia 1520, Lumia 636, Lumia 638, Lumia 720, Lumia 730, Lumia 730 Dual SIM, Lumia 735, Lumia 830, Lumia 920, Lumia 925, Lumia 928
Microsoft Lumia models:
Microsoft Lumia 430, Microsoft Lumia 435, Microsoft Lumia 532, Microsoft Lumia 532 Dual SIM, Microsoft Lumia 640 Dual SIM, Microsoft Lumia 640 XL, Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual SIM, Microsoft Lumia 650, Microsoft Lumia 930, Microsoft Lumia 950, Microsoft Lumia 950 XL
Now lets see what steps you need to perform, in order to get Windows 10 running on your mobile:
How To Download Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview
1. Join the Windows Insider Program using below mentioned link. If you’ve already joined the program while getting Windows 10 for desktop, then you don’t need to join it again.
2. Next, download the Windows Insider app from following link:
3. After installing the app, open it and use your Microsoft account (on which you’ve signed for Windows Insider program). Here, you have two options. First option gives is for Insider Slow, means the build released in this ring aren’t latest one and they may have less bugs; while in case of Insider Fast you’re set to get latest and hottest build but it may have more bugs.
From here, you can follow on-screen instructions to proceed, just like you install updates in Windows Phone. Once installation succeeded, you can have Windows 10 running on your phone.
What’s New In Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15014
Here are the highlights of this build:
- Due to decreased usage, Apps Corner is no longer available in Windows 10 Mobile starting with Builds 15007 and above.
- Fixed the issue causing some devices on Build 15007 to frequently reboot.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the Windows Hello greeting being missing from the lock screen.
- Improved speed of displaying HTTP images on live tiles (for example, the images used on the MSN News app live tile)
- Fixed an issue where the phone’s display wouldn’t turn off in close proximity to your face when in a call and using Continuum.
- Stylized buttons in notifications are now aligned to the right – consistent with other system buttons in dialogs.
- Fixed an issue that might cause an Insider’s custom typing dictionary to be unexpectedly deleted.
- Fixed an issue on the new Bluetooth & other devices Settings page where Miracast devices would always show as connected, even if they had been disconnected.
You can read about things fixed and known issues in this build and more at Windows blog:
Hope you enjoy this build of Windows 10 Mobile! Go here to learn how to uninstall Windows Mobile 10 and re-install Windows Phone 8.1.