When you setup OneDrive on Windows 10, you can sync your files instantaneously. After setup, you’ve OneDrive icon present in taskbar. The icon is very useful and let you know current status of OneDrive. It can notify you, if there is a sync pending/paused/completed. It will also help you to get notice of any problems with OneDrive sync client.
From above statements, you can imagine the impact of missing OneDrive icon from taskbar. In this article, what to do and how to restore missing OneDrive icon on taskbar. You can try suggestions provided below and see if they helps you to resolve this issue.
FIX: OneDrive Icon Missing From Taskbar In Windows 10
FIX 1 – Via Settings App
1. Right click Start Button or press + X keys and select Settings.
2. In the Settings app, navigate to Personalization > Taskbar.
3. Moving on, under Taskbar, click Select which icons appears on the taskbar link.
4. Then under Select which icons appears on the taskbar, make sure Microsoft OneDrive option is turned On.
Once you turn On the option, icon should be restored immediately.
If this doesn’t works, refer FIX 2 mentioned below.
FIX 2 – Advanced Suggestions
1. Make sure OneDrive is allowed to start when you sign-in. To confirm this, open Task Manager, and switch to Startup tab. Checkout the status corresponding to Microsoft OneDrive. If it says Enabled, skip to step 2. If it says Disabled, try registry method mentioned in this article to enable it and see if this resolves the issue.
2. If you’ve previously applied GPO setting to disable OneDrive, restore the GPO setting to Not Configured using this guide.
3. Open Command Prompt and uninstall OneDrive sync client. 32-bit users execute this command:
%SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall while 64-bit users can run this command:
4. If you’ve followed step 3, reinstall OneDrive sync client now. 32-bit users execute this command:
%SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /install while 64-bit users can run this command:
We hope after trying above steps, Onedrive icon should be restored.
Let us know via your comments, if issue still persists!