Windows Media Player has been active part of Windows family since long time. Though there are tons of third-party competitive multimedia players available for Windows, but none of them could take place of this built-in player. The reason why users gives it highest priority is its simplicity and stability. The other players available to you may have lots of options to offer, but they lags when it comes perfect stability.
However, if your system music or video library is not according to what Windows Media Player needs, you may face weird issues with it. Generally in such scenarios, it will crash intermittently with following message:
Windows Media Player has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
As you can see in the above shown screenshot, there is no clue at all that could help us to solve this problem. Well, you can try to run built-in troubleshooter in such situation and see if it helps you:
FIX : Windows Media Player Has Stopped Working
1. Press + Q and type troubleshooting in the search box, pick Troubleshooting from the search results.
2. In the Troubleshooting window, from the left side listed options, pick View all.
3. Moving on, in the following window click Windows Media Player Library in order to launch corresponding troubleshooter.
4. Click the Next option here to start the troubleshooting wizard:
5. So the troubleshooter now detects the issues what is causing problem with Windows Media Player to work correctly. In our case it detected that Media library is corrupt. Thus in order to solve the problem, you need to hit Apply this fix option here:
In this way, recreation of library or whatever the root cause detected in your case, the suggested fix by troubleshooter would put an end of this issue.
Hope this helps! Go here if you can’t play files of various format via Windows Media Player.