It is very easy to connect Windows 10 to any other casting/projecting/mirroring device. Thanks to Cast to Device option Microsoft implemented in this operating system. Recently, I got my Samsung Smart LED TV and I found that connecting Windows 10 to this TV without wires can be done handily by casting. Thus I thought I should share the steps for this with all of you.
For this to work, the only requirement is that both devices should awake and are on same network. In other words, you should connect Windows 10 and your Samsung Smart TV to same wireless network to avail the benefits of casting.
Here are the quick steps you need to follow and play content from Windows 10 to your Smart TV:
How To Connect Windows 10 To Samsung Smart TV Wirelessly
1. First of all, connect your Samsung Smart LED TV to your wireless network/device. The connection can be made from TV Menu > Network > Network Status.
2. Now connect your Windows 10 to same wireless network/device to which your TV is connected. Then open Settings app and click Devices.
3. Next, in the left pane, choose Connected Devices. In the corresponding right pane, click Add a device option.
4. Your Windows 10 will now search for devices and it will automatically detect your Smart TV. When you spot your TV in available devices list, click on its entry to add it to your PC.
5. In few moments, Windows 10 will install the device so that it can be used any time for casting.
6. Now to play any content from your Windows 10, go to its file location. If the content type is picture, video or music, right click over it and choose Cast to Device > Your Samsung Smart TV.
7. Finally, Windows and TV both will prepare for casting and when both are ready, content can be played using play button, from Windows 10 to your Samsung Smart TV.