.NET Framework is basic requirement for some of the apps/programs you use in Windows 10. We have earlier seen in following article how to troubleshoot the issue while enabling .NET Framework in Windows Features page:
We have also seen the alternative approach to enable .NET Framework using DISM, in following article:
In this article, we’ll talk about the official .NET Framework Repair tool, which is released by Microsoft. This free tool can be used to deal with issues while installing .NET Framework or to repair an existing .NET Framework installation. Apart from this, the tool is also helpful to suppress other known issues with .NET Framework installation by applying relevant patches. Though it has a simplified GUI but you advanced users can run it directly via Command Prompt.
Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool For Windows 10
You can download this light weight tool from Microsoft’s download center:
Here is how to use it:
1. Run the NetFxRepairTool.exe file you downloaded using above mentioned link.
2. Accept the license terms in the welcome window. Hit Next.
3. Now the tool will automatically detect issues with .NET Framework installation on your Windows.
4. Moving on, after detecting issues, the tool will suggest the changes to suppress those issues. Click Next to apply the suggestions.
You can track the progress as well:
5. So if you had the issue with .NET Framework installation, you can now re-try to enable it, keeping the below shown window as it is. The installation should succeed this time and you can then hit the Finish button to close the tool.
If you still can’t enable/update/repair .NET Framework installation, click on Next to collect logs and send it to Microsoft for analysis purpose. Advanced users may head over to this support article to learn about command-line parameters for this tool and their usage.
Hope you find the tool useful!