Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) is known well for its fast GPU acceleration and high quality experience browsing. However there are some scenarios when you found non-responsiveness for this browser and the cause is GPU acceleration or browser key corruption. Here are some situations when you can expect this error:
- When you are using too much tabs
- Missing of Automatic Crash Recovery in IE 9, it means that when any tab on IE crashes it will recover it by automatic restart (this option was good in previous IEs)
- IE is experiencing bad plugin management
If accidentally you are facing this issue and more importantly restarting IE doesn’t seems working, here is the simple fix that works to resolve this:
[FIX] Internet Explorer 9 Not Responding
1. Press the + R key combination on keyboard and put inetcpl.cpl inside the Run dialog box.
2. Under Internet Properties window, switch to Advanced tab.
3. Put the check mark against “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering“. Click Apply followed by OK. That’s it. Open IE 9, it should work fine now.
Hope this helps!