We all know keyboard is one of the most crucial element of computing devices. Whether its a physical keyboard available with device or its on-screen keyboard, it must be working perfectly so that we can type or make input fairly.
But sometimes users may face issues with keyboard which may include:
- Keyboard inputs are not recorded
- Some specific keys are not working
- Keyboard inputs are recorded wrong
- Function keys not working
We’ve already shared the fixes for additional issues:
- If number lock is not working, see this fix
- If keyboard Windows key is not working, see this fix
So in case if you’re also facing above mentioned symptoms regarding keyboard on your Windows 10, here is what you can do to fix.
FIX: Keyboard Not Working In Windows 10/8.1/8/7
FIX 1 – Using Keyboard Troubleshooter
1. Right click Start Button or press + X keys and select Settings.
2. In the Settings app, navigate to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
3. Then in Troubleshoot, under Keyboard, click on Run the troubleshooter.
The troubleshooter should automatically fix up the issues you were facing with keyboard.
If troubleshooter says everything is okay but you still have problems, check FIX 2.
FIX 2 – Update/Reinstall Your Keyboard
1. Press + R and type devmgmt.msc in the Run, hit Enter key to open Device Manager snap-in.
2. In the Device Manager window, expand Keyboards and right click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard and select Update driver.
Follow on-screen instructions to update the driver. After updating the driver, check if you still have the issue.
If issue still persists, carry on with next steps.
3. Right click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard and select Uninstall device.
4. In the Uninstall Device confirmation box, click Uninstall.
5. Then you may be prompted to restart the machine, so select Yes on confirmation prompt.
After reboot Windows should automatically detect and reinstall your keyboard. We believe after this issue you were facing with keyboard should be resolved.
Hope this helps!