The WinX menu or right click on Start Button in Windows 10 offers your system power options. The power options includes Shut down, Sleep, Restart, Sign out options. If you’re missing any of these power options in your Windows 10, this article will help you to restore them.
Below shown screenshot resembles the conditions when power options are missing from WinX menu.
Here’s how you can restore the missing power options.
FIX: Shutdown, Sleep, Restart Options Missing From WinX Menu In Windows 10
FIX 1 – Via Power Options
1. Right click battery icon on taskbar, select Power Options.
2. Next, in Power Options window, click Choose what closing the lid does link.
3. Moving on, then in next screen, click Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
4. Then in next screen, scroll down and under Shutdown settings, try to restore Sleep and also Hibernate option. Click Save changes and close the window.
This should get you restored the Sleep option in WinX menu. However, to restore Shut down and Restart options, you need to try registry tweak mentioned below.
FIX 2 – Via Registry
Registry Disclaimer: The further steps will involve registry manipulation. Making mistakes while manipulating registry could affect your system adversely. So be careful while editing registry entries and create a System Restore point first.
1. Press + R and put regedit in Run dialog box to open Registry Editor (if you’re not familiar with Registry Editor, then click here). Click OK.
2. In left pane of Registry Editor window, navigate to following registry key:
3. In the right pane of Explorer registry key, look for the registry DWORD (REG_DWORD) named NoClose. Since you’re facing this issue, its Data must be set to 1. Double click on it to modify its Value data:
4. Finally, set the Value data to 0 and click OK. Close Registry Editor and reboot the machine.
After restarting your machine, the missing power options should be restored.
Hope this helps!