Microsoft earlier announced next big update to Windows at Build 2017 event. This update named as Windows 10 Fall Creators Update following the Creators Update released in April 2017. You can upgrade to Creators Update here.
So the news is that Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is released officially now. Microsoft earlier promised users to deliver it on 17th Oct, 2017 and they did it. The update contains all the new features and improvements available to Windows Insiders after release of Creators Update, earlier this year.
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update would be the fourth massive update to Windows 10 operating system after November Update (V1511), Anniversary Update (V1607) and Creators Update (V1703) following the Released to Manufacturing (RTM) version (build 10240).
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (V1709) Is Available Now
What’s new in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Here’s what you can expect in next creative update arriving to you:
- Timeline feature in Windows 10
- ‘Pick Up Where You Left Off‘ feature
- Advanced clipboard that works well across synced devices
- OneDrive files-on-demand
- Consumer and commercial apps to ensure continues delivery from Windows Store
- Apps like iTunes, Autodesk to be made available via Windows Store
- Miscellaneous improvements for developers
- Support for Windows Mixed Reality motion controllers
- Dedicated File Explorer app
- Many other improvements
So in short, you can expect Fall Creators Update as a service pack to Creators Update.
How To Upgrade To Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
You can upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update now via Windows Update. Just like regular updates, you’ll be offer the ‘Feature upgrade to Windows 10‘ named with V1709. You can install the update and you’ll be Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. You can also upgrade via Media Creation Tool or Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Assistant.
Hope you enjoy this update!