Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) has been an active part of Windows editions. It basically helps us to create a remote control device and use it for manipulating the system which is placed at some remote location. Many times it happens that users are unable to access remote system from the Remote Desktop Software. This may happens if the settings of control device and remote system aren’t synchronizing. Sometimes, if the network settings are not working, you can’t connect devices remotely.
So to clear these confusions, we are going to share the step-by-step procedure to configure devices for RDC, here in this article. In order to access your Windows 7 or later operating system from iPad, Windows Phone, Mac you need to download the Remote Desktop Client apps:
Download Link To RD Client App For iPad, iPhone (link will open in App Store, when you browse from iOS devices)
Download Link To RD Client App For Windows Phone 8.1 or later (link will open in Windows Phone Store, if you’re browsing from Windows Phone)
Download Link To RD Client App For Mac (link will open in Mac App Store, if you’re browsing from Mac OS X)
After downloading and installing the app on corresponding device, you can follow these steps:
How To Create Remote Desktop Connection To Windows From iPad, Windows Phone, Mac
1. Press + R and put sysdm.cpl in Run dialog box to open System Properties, switch to Remote tab. Now select the Allow remote connections to this computer option.
For the security purpose, check the Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended) option. Click Select Users button now.
2. Refer to below shown image, where you need to select your user account, which will have access to connect remotely. Click in the sequence as shown and at 4th point, select the correct user account.
Once you’re done, you can close System Properties window.
3. Now open RD Client app on your control device (iPad, Windows Phone). Click on the Settings icon in top-left corner. Then select User Names and provide the credentials of the same user we allowed/added in previous step.
4. So here we’re almost done with configuration. Now try to connect by tapping on desktop icon in the app. When you’re connecting, you’ll receive following prompt, where you need to select Accept option.
5. Finally, now the connection is verified and you can control your Windows 7 or later from iPad, Windows Phone, Mac remotely.
In this way, you can easily establish remote desktop connection between your mobiles and computer. Hope you find the article useful. Drop comments, if you have any queries and we’ll be happy to reply them!
Don’t forgot to read: [How To] Check IMAP Or POP Account Mails On iPad, Windows Phone